PLAYING GOLF LOCALLY
Royal Portrush 2019 Open Championship
Finn Valley Cottages is only one hour and ten minutes from The Open at Royal Portrush this year from 14 to 21st July 2019.
Why not spend another week playing golf on some of the best courses in Ireland? Finn Valley Cottages are placed centrally enabling easy access to Lough Erne Resort, Ballyliffen, Portstewart, Rosapenna, Murvagh and Castlerock.
Golf is a very popular activity in Northern Ireland. There are excellent courses are within reasonable distances of Finn Valley Cottages. These include :
- Royal Portrush, home of Darren Clarke and Graeme McDowell
- Donegal (locally known as Murvagh) near Donegal Town
- Lough Erne Resort, frequently played by Rory McIlroy, is only an hour away
Links courses include:
- Ballyliffin on the north Inishshowen Peninsula
- Narin and Portnoo on the west coast of Donegal
- Portsalon and Rosapenna both on the north coast of Donegal.
- Rosapenna has 2 courses – the famous Old Tom Morris course and Sandy Hills course. All these links courses have spectacular scenery but perhaps the most stunning views are at Cruit Island, which although a 9-hole course with different T-boxes for the second 9, is the most incredible in terms of scenery.
There are local courses at Strabane and Newtonstewart, where the course is also home to Seika deer, pheasants and stunning scenery. You will receive a very warm welcome at all of these courses.
Anne – who is a keen golfer, can help you make your choice of course to suit your level of play and book tee times directly with the courses.
Details of places of interest close to these courses can also be discussed to ensure that your non-golfing family members can also enjoy a great day out.